Thursday, September 10, 2015

OSAT Designers Choice Blog Hop


Happy Thursday......What day is it?  It's blog hop day..... yea!

I am glad that you hopped on over to my page as part of the One Stamp at a Time Blog Hop.  This month's theme is Designers Choice and I am sure that you enjoyed Terri's creations as much as I did.  In celebration of the Stampin' Up Holiday Catalog release, I wanted to showcase a couple of items I created using new Holiday products.

If you are like me, I love to create my own Christmas cards but I have to get an early start in order to make enough.  My creation process doesn't help the timeline!  This month, I decided started designing the first of many.  My card uses the new Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper.  There are 6 different double-sided designs.  For this creation I used the designer sheet that has mistletoe on one side and stripes on the other.  I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try my hand at the fun fold technique.









I used two new stamp sets - Wonderland and Flurry of Wishes along with the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the new silver Cording Trim.  The soft sky card stock blends very nicely with both the berries in the mistletoe and the stripes from the DSP.  The Mossy Meadow ink matches very nicely with the leaves in the print.










I love how the fun fold opens up to display the sentiment inside.  I could see using this technique in several variety of cards.






Many individuals involved in paper crafting are either card makers or create scrapbooks.  I consider myself to be a mix of the two.  In order to show the versatility of the stamp sets, I created a scrapbook page for my project this month.  For this project, I also used the Flurry of Wishes stamp set along with Embellished Ornaments bundle set.  In keeping with the color theme, soft sky card stock and inks were used in creating the page.  I embossed the snowflakes and lightly sponged with soft sky.  I love the new bundle set used in creating the ornaments.  The foil paper accents the page and gives it a certain elegance.


 

Please feel free to check out some of my other blog posts using new Stampin' Up products!  Up next is Ms. Maggie.  I hope you will visit all the other hoppers' sites.  There are so many talented individuals in the group, it is always exciting to see what they come up with next.  As always..... Happy Stampin'!
  1. Eva
  2. Ginger
  3. Martie
  4. Elizabeth Jeanne
  5. Amanda Bodine
  6. Megan
  7. Wynne
  8. Lori Mueller
  9. Dena Rekow
  10. Renee Ondrajka
  11. Tina Riddle
  12. Diane Squires
  13. Maria Willis
  14. Raquelle Clifton
  15. Jeanna Bohanon
  16. Terri Takashige
  17. You are here -> Kim Smith
  18. Maggie
  19. Marisa
  20. Holly
  21. Andrea P
  22. Andrea T


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


35 comments:

  1. Your card and scrapbook page are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card! I love the fun folds. I'm going to have to try a card like this! Your scrapbook layout is beautiful too!
    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I am going to try a couple of different fold techniques as well. I also want to tackle a shaker card.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card and AWESOME scrapbook page! Love the fun fold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I will be sure to bring these to the team meeting!

      Delete
  4. Kim, you make such beautiful cards! It is just lovely! And oh my... that scrapbook page is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! I appreciate the feedback! Everyone on the hop does such wonderful work!

      Delete
  5. that scrapbook page is pretty enough to frame...so soft and subtle and the silver touch adds a lot of richness to both card and project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martie! I thought the page turned out beautifully.

      Delete
  6. I love fancy fold cards! I'm not sure I've seen this one before! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I am definitely going to try a few more of the fancy folds!

      Delete
  7. Kim, WOW...amazing card and that scrap layout is wow... :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the fold and the layout is awesome! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dena! I love both worlds..... ha ha!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Raquelle! I have been admiring your creations as well!

      Delete
  10. I like that fold on your card and your layout is SO pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanna! I thought they both turned out well.

      Delete
  11. Beeee-u-tiful fun-folds card. Love all of the details. Very pretty layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the soft elegance of the soft sky and silver. :)

      Delete
  12. So elegant and stunning. Such a wonderful use of those dies on the scrapbook layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee, you should check out a recent post I blogged using those dies in a card as well. You can change the colors around and coordinate the layout and card. :)

      Delete
  13. Kim, we are kindred spirits, as I do both as well. Love the card and the page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! I am going to start posting more layouts using my Stampin' Up products!

      Delete
  14. I rarely use my stamps for page layouts, I need to remember to do that, your page is lovely! And the card is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Pretty ~ I love all especially the ornaments ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always do such wonderful work! I love all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing card! Love all of the layers and how it opens. And, a beautiful scrapbook page as well! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and project!! The different way the card opens is super cool!

    ReplyDelete