Thursday, December 10, 2015

OSAT December Blog Hop - Thank You!

Welcome everyone!  It is that time of the month.....you guessed it, One Stamp at a Time monthly blog hop.  I am so glad you could join us this week.  If you are joining me from Megan's page, I hope that you will enjoy my and the rest of the gang's creations just as much.

If you are like me, you are still working on creating your Christmas cards.  While you are in the crafting mood, throw in a couple of "Thank You" cards to the mix.  I think as the year's have passed, the formal "Thank You" has gone a bit to the way side.  How many times has someone gave of themselves to bring a smile to a loved one's face?  Putting your time and energy into creating an item to show your gratitude really means a lot.

From a personal perspective, I must say that the best formal "Thank You" I ever received was from my husband.  Typically my husband isn't as thoughtful as he could be.....lol.... How many of you are nodding your head along with me?  I do have to give him credit for this one though.  Sixteen years ago, we brought home a wonderful bundle of joy with red hair.

When we parked in the driveway my husband had "Welcome Home" signs in the yard and presented me with a dozen roses and a "Thank You" card for giving him the greatest gift of all.  I must say, although my hormones may have had an impact - this gesture still tears me up today and will be with me forever.


With the "Thank You" surrounding the birth of our child, I used the baby theme and created this adorable card.  This would be perfect for showing gratitude for a baby shower gift or to even say thanks after a first birthday party.  I have wanted to use this paper for a while, but no project moved me until I thought of "Thank You".







For my project and in keeping with my previous hop postings, I created a matching scrapbook page. This page is perfect to record those images of a child's/grandchild's first year.


Next up on the blog hop is Lori!  You can follow her link below or just click the "Next" button.  I can't wait to see what she came up with!

I am so glad that you could join us this month and hope that the upcoming Holiday and New Year find you well.


Please join us again next month as we kick off 2016 and as always HAPPY STAMPIN'!

  1.  Ginger
  2.  Maggie
  3.  Elizabeth
  4.  Martie
  5.  AJ
  6.  Raquelle
  7.  Wynne
  8.  Marisa
  9.  Justin
10.  Renee
11.  Dena
15.  Kim Smith -> YOU ARE HERE :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh--the scrapbook page is adorable! Super fun projects, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and scrapbook layout! This reminds me, I really need to get back into scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card and such a pretty scrapbook layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! you did such a great job with that cute paper! i need

    ReplyDelete