Thursday, February 18, 2016

Black, White and Whatever you like Stampin' Friends February Blog Hop



Good Morning Peeps!

So glad you could join us for the Stampin' Friends February Blog Hop.  The theme this month is Black, White and whatever you like.  I am sure that you will find some wonderful ideas as you hop along with us.  This month's guest hoppers are:



We are thrilled to have them hop along with us!  Be sure to check out their awesome creations!  If you are joining me from Cindy's page - Welcome!  I hope you enjoy the card and treat box I have to share with you today!  You can go back to Cindy's page by clicking the previous button below or the link below.


My "whatever you like" color of choice this month was Cherry Cobbler from Stampin' Up, although I did throw in a blend of the black and white with the Basic Gray color.


I used the same color scheme for both my card and project.  My card base is Basic Black.  Before I stamped the background on the Whisper White card stock, I used the Lots of Labels die set and cut my piece in order to determine where I would stamp the background.  Using the Basic Gray ink and the new Stampin' Up set "First Sight" from the 2016 Occasions catalog to stamp the vine grouping and stamped the bolder vines using the Black Memento Ink.  


After I completed my stamped image, I used a larger die from the set and cut the background from Basic Gray.  My sentiment was stamped in Cherry Cobbler and was accented with another black vine and a rhinestone for a little bling.  I placed the stamped background image a little off center and used the black bakers twine to add another personal touch.  I can see this card going in the mail to my bestie!


For my treat box, I used the Bakers Box Thinlet die set and cut two pieces out of Whisper White and stamped the vine grouping with the Basic Gray ink.  I scored the box and glued it together using adhesive and glue dots.  Once I completed assembling the box I cut several banners of various widths and lengths from Basic Black, Basic Gray and Whisper White.  Again, using the Vine grouping stamp and the Cherry Cobbler ink, I stamped on the Whisper White banner.  I used adhesive to piece together the banners and added a bow at the top using the Black Bakers Twine and a mini-clothes pin to attach to the top of the treat box.  The sentiment was stamped on whisper white and punched with the Decorative Label punch.  I sponged the edges and added smaller vines to the edges to set the tag off.


Love free stuff?  Want to win?  Visit the blogs and comment on the projects.  Add #SFFebHop to your comments and you are automatically entered.  Each comment and the appropriate hashtag adds to your chance of winning!  Comments must be made by Sunday, February 21st by midnight!  Good luck!

I hope you have enjoyed my creations for this month's hop.  Next up is Deana!  Be sure to check out all the other creations our hoppers have shared.....and as always - Happy Stampin'!  For a detailed listing of products used in this project, feel free to email me and I will be happy to provide.


  • Lynn Streifert
  • Carolina Evans
  • Elizabeth Jeanne
  • Kirsteen Gill
  • Leanne Johnson
  • Steph Jandrow
  • Barbara Welch 
  • Kathie Rotti
  • Melissa Thomas
  • Sarah Devendorf
  • Andrea Tucker 
  • Angela Carter 
  • Cindy Waldroff 
  • Kim Smith - You are here!
  • Deana Benson




  • 49 comments:

    1. These are fantastic...Cherry Cobbler really pops against the black/gray. Enjoy the hop!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Kim- these projects are just stunning! now I want that stamp set too! beautiful with the cherry cobbler!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oooo Kim - beautiful work! Lovely projects

      ReplyDelete
    4. #SFFebHop Absolutely beautiful work. I love your projects.

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is super elegant! Love! #SFFebHop

      ReplyDelete
    6. I absolutely adore these projects! Beautiful work and gorgeous designs! Thank you for sharing! #SFFebHop

      ReplyDelete
    7. #SFFebHop Very elegant love to see that Thank-you. Pauline.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I love this retro/vintage look you created. So stunningly beautiful. Great choices and I am now adding that stamp set to my wishlist. #SFFebHop

      ReplyDelete
    9. Who wouldn't want to receive that beautiful card and treat box! Awesome

      ReplyDelete
    10. Love both of these. Rethinking that set. TFS!

      ReplyDelete
    11. #SFFebHop
      How gorgeous! The card is elegant in it‘s simplicity and the layout too! the box looks awesome!

      ReplyDelete
    12. #SFFebHop I love the font of the sentiment. So classy Great job

      ReplyDelete
    13. #SFFebHop wow really pretty. love them

      ReplyDelete
    14. Great items . . . thanks for sharing. Now I just have to decide what I "need" to order next. Ha! MPRSBYGX

      ReplyDelete
    15. Love them. Just a touch of cherry makes it all pop.

      ReplyDelete
    16. #SFFebHop - WOW! Very Nice! Thank you for Sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    17. Loved your cards and project! Thanks for sharing! #SFFebHop

      ReplyDelete
    18. Very pretty projects! Thank you for these ideas!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Love your card and tag! That treat box is awesome!! #SFFebHop

      ReplyDelete
    20. So elegant...and soft... adore the set..#SFFebHop

      ReplyDelete
    21. #SFFebHop
      Forever Friend!
      Lovely card! Speaks to me!
      Thanks for sharing with us.

      ReplyDelete
    22. #SFFebHop - Thanks for sharing your lovely work!

      ReplyDelete
    23. Love this card!!! These projects are so inspiring g!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    24. #SSFebHop great cards,love the bit of red! Your treat box is So cute!

      ReplyDelete
    25. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the the subtle hint of cherry cobbler. Great job

      ReplyDelete
    26. You have inspired me to open this stamp set!!! Great projects.

      ReplyDelete
    27. Very Pretty & elegant! LOve the color combo! #SFFebHop

      ReplyDelete
    28. Absolutely stunning! Another gorgeous set!!

      ReplyDelete
    29. Kim I love your projects! Happy hopping day!

      ReplyDelete
    30. Love your name too from one kim to another! #SFFebhop

      ReplyDelete
    31. Nice job! I love the touch of gray... And those fonts are gorgeous!!! Thanks for hopping with me!

      ReplyDelete
    32. #SFFebhop...I love your card and project. Cherry Cobbler goes perfect with the Black and White. Thank you for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    33. Very nice. Your card is simply stunning along with your sweet bag! #SFFebHop

      ReplyDelete
    34. Very nice! I love your treat box the most. I like how you use the bakers twine also. #SFFebHop

      ReplyDelete
    35. SF Feb hop
      Love your card and treat box!

      ReplyDelete
    36. Great projects and love the colors. #SFFEBHOP

      ReplyDelete
    37. I always look for cards that are clean and simple, yet classy. You nailed it!

      ReplyDelete