Monday, April 24, 2017

A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop - A Sara Thing Kit




Good Morning!  I am happy to be joining my friends for the first (hopefully of many) A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop!

This month we are taking the FABULOUS kit designed by Sara Douglas.  While the cards in the kit are awesome, we will be showcasing alternative card designs and projects you can make by changing it up a bit.

Looking at the kit the first thing that jumped out at me were the lined envelopes.  I loved the print on the inside of them!  I took my embossing tool and used it to heat the glue in the envelopes up so that it would be easier to pull apart and open.


      
I used the inside of two separate envelopes to create the background.  I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out the circle in the watercolor paper.  Using the FREE GIFT watercolor pencils included in the set, I colored the background and then used the brush included to distributed the water and created this lightly colored Lemon Lime Twist background color for the sentiment.

I love the fact that Sara used her own handwriting as part of the sentiments for this kit.  To finalize my card I added a banner going from left to right and used the awesomely thick embellishments of the flower and leaves to complete the card.

I love that everything you need to complete this alternative card was already included in the kit!

My second creation was inspired by my upline.  For my project, I again used the inside of the envelopes to create the striped background and then added two of our new in colors - Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist.  Attached to the outside of the glass frame is a magnetic mat.  This mat was cut from a package of vent covers that you can purchase at a home store.  I used glue dots to adhere to the front of the glass.  I added more of the embellishments to the corner of the frame and actually cut out the outside of the leaf stickers to add a little bit of contrast.  This is an excellent idea to place the dies you are using for a project so that the various pieces will stay put and not get "lost" in your work space.

I hope you have enjoyed my creations using this month's kit.  I know that you will continue to be inspired by all the lovely creations the team has made.  In just over a month, the new Stampin' Up catalog will be open for customer orders, if you do not have a demonstrator and would like a catalog, I would be happy to assist you.

Don't miss your change to win this kit for FREE!  BLOG HOP GIVEAWAY:  To be entered into a drawing for a FREE "A Sara Thing" Paper Pumpkin Kit, you must leave a comment on EVERY blog.  Drawing closes on Saturday, April 29th at 9 PM EST.  The winner will be announced on Monday, May 1, 2017.

I am so glad that you could join us for this special hop.  Please continue with the rest of the gang by hitting the next button.  You can also click each participants name below to go directly to their link.




Enjoy your day and as always - Happy Stampin'!


37 comments:

  1. Super cute and clever projects using the envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your magnetic frame is soooo cool! My dies are always getting lost! Your card is so pretty! Great set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would have thought to store dies in such a pretty way!! Great idea! Love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors together. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the magnetic frame idea. These colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the magnetic frame! nataliewoll2902@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know what to do with at least one of those pieces of vent cover I am no longer using.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the magnetic frame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative, so beautiful, and so USEFUL! Love them both, thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I really would have not thought of that. Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone is bringing awesome ideas. That not hard to do when everyone loves It's a Sara Thing! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnetic frame is so cute and a great way to make your workspace fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new Lemon Lime Twist, especially with the black. Can hardly wait to get my hands on some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lime is going to be so popular!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card and the project idea is quite clever. Thanks for sharing these. ��

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card, and the frame is very clever!thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the idea of the blog hop...thanks! I'm glad I found it. As for your ideas...brilliant! I love the green...it is so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved the use of the envelopes! Nice ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK I'm officially over the hill with the frame which project to hold your dies

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so Pretty. Your frame is gorgeous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is super creative, & I love the idea of a magnetic frame to hold the dies! I need to come up with a better storage idea for my dies! So happy to be hopping with you. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these stitched dies! I definitely have to start collecting them :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the look of black and green inside the frames. Great envelopes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never would have thought to use the envelopes! Love your projects

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the frame idea with the magnetic sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. cute cards great idea for framlits ! alyse d

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your magnet idea...I'm always misplacing little pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE the stitched shapes, I use mine all the time.Cute card and love the magnet frame idea. especially ood for small dies.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have never seen nor heard of a magnetic holder like the one you made. I know you said it was inspired by someone else. But it is amazing and very useful. I shall have to stare at your picture very hard again and try to memorize the steps on how to make it. It is great!!

    ReplyDelete