Thursday, June 18, 2015

CYCI#74 Summer Fun!

Whoo Hoo! Tomorrow is Friday!  Today I wanted to share a card I made for the Can You Case It Challenge # 74 - Summer Fun.  With the new Stampin' Up catalog that came out, I wanted to blend a new stamp with a stamp I already had in my stash.  This card blends the "From Land to Sea" and "Wetlands" stamp set.  I started with a background card base from Real Red.  For the face of the card, I started by stamping the lighthouse image with Memento ink on the sticky part of a post-it note and used my paper snips to fussy cutting the image.  I also punched out a 1/2" circle in the sticky portion of a post-it.  I placed the images where I wanted them to show in my Whisper White card front.  My Stampin' Up sponges were used to ink my sand, water, sky and sun.  For the sand, I started with the Sarhara Sand ink, then lightly touched it with crumb cake to give it a bit of texture to represent sand.  For the deeper water tone Marina Mist ink was used.  I sponged around the lighthouse and was sure to secure the post-it image so that it did not move.  I sponged the sky with the Soft Sky ink and lightly went over the 1/2" post it circle with the So Saffron ink.  Once my sponging was complete, I used the grass and bird images and stamped the images appropriately.  I removed the post-it's from the face of the card and stamped my light house image in Memento ink, using Real Red and Daffodil Delight blendabilities to finish the image.  Using White Stazon, I sponged lightly around the base of the lightly and along the shoreline to represent the movement of the water.  To finish the inking, I lightly sponged Basic Gray at the base of the lighthouse and used a Soft Suede marker to build the rocky base of the lighthouse.  To complete the card, I added the Birthday greetings from the Wetlands stamp set and secured the face of the card to the card base.  I know the instructions for this card are a bit lengthy, but I believe the card turned out beautifully.  I hope you enjoy and Happy Stampin'!
CanYouCaseIt?



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete